This Veteran’s Day and every day give thanks to those who risk and often give their lives in the service of Democracy. Every vet deserves the thanks of a grateful nation. Some vets need the help of a grateful nation to restore them to their full potential – to address physical and mental illness, drug and alcohol use, family reintegration and job insecurity. We are a nation that gives that kind of help so that every resident may reach his or her full potential. That’s the kind of Democracy worth fighting for. Here are some local programs to help our residents live to their fullest potential:
- Travis County Veterans Services at: http://www.co.travis.tx.us/veterans_services.
- Travis County Health & Human Services – https://www.traviscountytx.gov/health_human_services/
- Austin Travis County Integral Care – http://www.integralcare.org
- Central Health – http://www.traviscountyhd.org
- Workforce Solutions – http://www.wfscapitalarea.com